GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lexan acrylic to be used for high light transimssivity? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15683-lexan-acrylic-used-high-light-transimssivity.html)

Donovan N 20-04-2003 05:44 AM

Lexan acrylic to be used for high light transimssivity?

I can buy Lexan at HomeDepot (National Chain of Home-Improvement
stores). You just have to specify that you want Lexan over generic acrylic.
Although I don't know if there would be much of a difference.

LM 20-04-2003 05:44 AM

Lexan acrylic to be used for high light transimssivity?

Hi all,

someone mentioned that if you want to create a hood using acrylic, to make
sure it is moisture-resistant type, and that it is made of Lexan or
equivalent. (glass transmits about 72% of light, acrylic about 91% or so..
so it makes sense to go acrylic)

how difficult/easy is it to find this plastic?

linda