Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Photo... opinions, please...

Hi all,

Yesterday I rearranged plants and added some to my 360L (90g). Water is almost
as clear as tap water. Green algae is gone... All six 55 Watt lights are ON
these days... The emptiness in the foreground will be filled with Glosso. Fish:
27 Cardinals, 7 Ottos, 1 SAE and I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 or 3 Discus
however I have never owned one but I bought a book about them today...

To me it looks better now then it was before, but thru the eyes of more
experienced there must be a lot of room for improvement... and that is why this
picture is posted here.

Today, 6 weeks after setup:
http://onehappygirl.com/tank001.jpg

thanks,
Marvin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
E. Mito

In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

Yesterday I rearranged plants and added some to my 360L (90g). Water is
almost
as clear as tap water. Green algae is gone... All six 55 Watt lights are ON
these days... The emptiness in the foreground will be filled with Glosso.
Fish:
27 Cardinals, 7 Ottos, 1 SAE and I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 or 3 Discus
however I have never owned one but I bought a book about them today...

To me it looks better now then it was before, but thru the eyes of more
experienced there must be a lot of room for improvement... and that is why
this
picture is posted here.

Today, 6 weeks after setup:
http://onehappygirl.com/tank001.jpg

thanks,
Marvin

Hi Marvin,

The tank is coming along nicely! I see you found a new home for the whale that
used to live in there...?

Have you though of a few extra background plants? I think you could put in a
tall sword or some vals would look nice in the right hand corner there. I
think a few med/large rocks would also look nice in the mid/foreground.

I think discus are quite beautiful fish and would probably be a nice visual
contrast to the small tetras. Don't know anything about how to care for them
(other than they need very soft, warm water if you want to breed them), just
hope they're not too big that the tetras would be snacks for them.

Good luck, hope to see more pictures soon.

Erica
Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

[...]

Thanks Erica,

I'm glad you remember the whale. I almost forgot it... I haven't fed it in more
then six weeks now... I don't even know where my daughter put it ;-)

Some more plants are on order and hopefully they will arive soon.

Marvin