GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help/Advice.. Aponogeton crispus, Propogation?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15755-help-advice-aponogeton-crispus-propogation.html)

Kenny Horn 20-04-2003 06:09 AM

Help/Advice.. Aponogeton crispus, Propogation??

Hello..

I've some Aponogeton crispus in a 15Gal tank.. Some of the stems, about 1 on
each bunch.. have grown to around 12 inches then produced a bulb. Once they
fell of the main plant, I planted and they seem to be doing well.. however..

One of the mature plants has produced a long stem, at the end it has forked
and produced around 5 stems with leaves.. What should I do with this??

Thanks, Kenny

Richard J. Sexton 20-04-2003 06:09 AM

In article , Kenny Horn - wrote:
Hello..

I've some Aponogeton crispus in a 15Gal tank.. Some of the stems, about 1 on
each bunch.. have grown to around 12 inches then produced a bulb. Once they
fell of the main plant, I planted and they seem to be doing well.. however..

That's not A. crispus that's A. stachsporous, the live ebaring Aponogeton;
the rest reproduce by seed.. It shuold be a bit darker green and not quite
as crinkled as A. crispus.

One of the mature plants has produced a long stem, at the end it has forked
and produced around 5 stems with leaves.. What should I do with this??

That sounds more like A crispus. Use a clean fine camel hair paintbrush
and pollicate the flowers. Protech them from harm and algae
ans you'll have a bunch of new plants; the seeds produced will
become bulbs.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org