Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Mads Villadsen

Default Good floating plants?

Can anyone recommend some good floating plants?

The main purpose of this plant will be to allow my male betta to build
bubble nests and to float frozen food for a longer period of time.

--
Remove the spam-me-not. to e-mail me

Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Dinky

I have several Water Lettuce(Pistia stratiotes L.) Floating in the 75 community.
They require high light (but they float inches from the bulbs) and are
considered a nuisance in the wild by the ecologists, but I like em in the
aquariums.
http://www.apms.org/plants/waterlettuce.htm
--
------
Billy

"Mads Villadsen" wrote in message
.. .
:
: Can anyone recommend some good floating plants?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Dinky wrote:
They require high light (but they float inches from the bulbs) and are
considered a nuisance in the wild by the ecologists, but I like em in the

Just be sure to check if they're a legal plant in your state. Here in Texas
it is against the law to posess water lettuce.

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?
Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Dinky

Likely because of the ecological impact they'd have if they were "set free".

--

:
: Just be sure to check if they're a legal plant in your state. Here in Texas
: it is against the law to posess water lettuce.
:
: --

Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Richard J. Sexton

In article ,
Mads Villadsen wrote:

Can anyone recommend some good floating plants?

The main purpose of this plant will be to allow my male betta to build
bubble nests and to float frozen food for a longer period of time.

I think water sprite works best for this. Or Riccia, but
water sprite is easier to get.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org

Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Kcristy

I like Brazilian Pennywort. It's hardy and easy to trim.

Cris