Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Ian Mather

Default Fluval vs Eheim

Yes the Eheim is that much better. The Fluval's can break down often, and
quite simply don't do as good a job IMO.

Spend the extra cash, you'll not regret it.

"Rheta Chase" wrote in message
I am looking at purchasing a canister filter and am trying to decide

between
the Eheim Pro II model 2026 and the Fluval MSF 304. It will be used in a

46
gallon planted tank that is well stocked with fish. I would really
appreciate any feedback as I've noticed the Eheim is twice the price of

the
Fluval....is it that much better?

TIA,
Rheta

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Mr GTV

"Rheta Chase" wrote in message
I am looking at purchasing a canister filter and am trying to decide

between
the Eheim Pro II model 2026 and the Fluval MSF 304. It will be used in a

46
gallon planted tank that is well stocked with fish. I would really
appreciate any feedback as I've noticed the Eheim is twice the price of

the
Fluval....is it that much better?

TIA,
Rheta

There used to be many equipment reviews on www.notcatfish.com The favourite
filters were all Eheim.
Ive had many filters over the years and without out a doubt Eheims are by
far the best.
You get what you pay for.
Steve

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Greg T

I've got a Eheim ECCO model.

Pros

It has ZERO noise (I honestly don't know when it's running or not),
self priming with shutoff valves, basket design for media (i.e.
flexibility), easy to clean impler (sp?), can be CO2 injected. It has
dry runned for a couple hours without any damage (woops).

Cons

I've found that the intake line tends to compress at the canister.
Anyone have a fix for this? Like a shunt or something?
The cost, but worth it in the long run.

Greg
Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
BM

If you have a Pocket PC you might want to try using PocketAI
to make your decision. It's shareware and great for deciding
all kind of things like that. You can compare pros and cons, or
weigh the benefit of your options by criteria that you choose,
and see which choice is the best for you.

http://www.3dnetproductions.com/pocketai

BM

"Mathias" wrote in message ...
In my oppinion, the Fluval is quieter and easier to clean. I've never had a
breakdown on any of my fluvals.

/M

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Dave

Talk about massive technological overkill, huh?

In , "George"
empowered us with this mighty blow against
the Patriarchy:

ahahahahah
om...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
E. Mito

In article diHt9.75086$qM2.20693@sccrnsc02, "Rheta Chase"
writes:

I am looking at purchasing a canister filter and am trying to decide between
the Eheim Pro II model 2026 and the Fluval MSF 304. It will be used in a 46
gallon planted tank that is well stocked with fish. I would really
appreciate any feedback as I've noticed the Eheim is twice the price of the
Fluval....is it that much better?

Don't know about the 2026, but I just got the Eheim Plus 2213 for $75 (US) from
Drs. Foster and Smith and am very pleased with it. Very quiet, can't hear it
at all. Sucks up CO2 bubbles from my DIY generator like a charm.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Richard J. Sexton

In article ,
Brian wrote:
I'm sure Eheims have some advantage over Fluvals, given how much more
expensive they are, and how folks in the fishy newsgroups rave about
them. I couldn't afford Eheim, but I've been not the least disappointed
in my Fluval. As reliable as any man-made appliance could hope to be.
YMMV.

How long ya had it? I've burned up two of the stupid
things in abot 3 years, one also had the incurab;e noisy
rotor thing going too. I've swicthed (back) to sponge filters
with the occasional zap with a diatom. At least you can actually
repair diatom fiters if on the odd change they screw up when they're
25 years old - I replaced the pump seal when it became leaky.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Mike K

How long ya had it? I've burned up two of the stupid
things in abot 3 years, one also had the incurab;e noisy
rotor thing going too.

I've used a Fluval 403 for over 12 years and the only repairs ever made to
it we new o-rings when needed and once I had to replace the impeller
cover when I busted it while cleaning. The thing is solid as a rock and
aside from the priming pain and occasional rattle when air gets inside I
wouldn't trade it for any other canister filter. (all this and I got it
used)