Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

Default First tank photos!!!!

Ok, I've mastered the basics of putting up my own website and have a few cheesy
pictures of my little 10 gallon tank:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/

I just got a digital camera so I'll soon be putting up pics of my 55 gallon.

This is too much fun.

Erica

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"E. Mito" wrote in message
Ok, I've mastered the basics of putting up my own website and have a few

cheesy
pictures of my little 10 gallon tank:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/

I just got a digital camera so I'll soon be putting up pics of my 55 gallon.

This is too much fun.

Erica

Hi Erica,

Congratulation on your new digital camera. I'm looking forward seeing more nice
pictures.

Marvin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

Thanks Marvin!

Here is an updated link to better and nicer pictures of more of my tanks.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm
Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"E. Mito" wrote in message
Thanks Marvin!

Here is an updated link to better and nicer pictures of more of my tanks.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Hi Erica

The 55g pics are gorgeous, very colorful, very clean aquarium. I don't have a
digital camera myself but I have easy access to someone else's. I'm not good at
taking pictures and today I was playing with it. When I take picture of my tank
some bright leaves instead of appearing bright green they just look white on the
photo :-( I have no idea what setting to change :-(

Anyway, here is one photo:
http://onehappygirl.com/october25.jpg

Marvin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
BruceKGeist

I really like your tank pics.. very nice. The red plant just to the right of
center-- what is that one?

Have you angels spawned? They look like a matched pair.

I enjoyed your web site very much!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

In article ,
(BruceKGeist) writes:

I really like your tank pics.. very nice. The red plant just to the right of
center-- what is that one?

Have you angels spawned? They look like a matched pair.

I enjoyed your web site very much!

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the comments! I am very pleased with how the photos came out,
too...my first attempt at digital camera photography.

I believe the plant you are asking about is the Ludwigia mullerti (I bought all
my plants from True Aquarium Plants). It is really wonderful -- at first I
thought it wasn't anything spectacular; the tops of the leaves, which at first
were the only side visible, are a sort of brownish pale green. But when I was
cleaning the tank, I accidentally flipped up one of the leaves and discovered
the intense beautiful red underside! So now I try to keep some of the leaves
pointed up so you can see the coloration. According to Phyl's website, this
plant needs strong lighting else it loses it red color. I have 2 wpg and the
plant still looks great after a month. Hope this is enough to keep it that
way.

As for my angels, YES they have spawned SEVERAL times. They are actually my
favorite fish, although when I got them they were very young and I didn't know
they would turn out to like each other so much. I have fry from 3 of their
spawns, the oldest being 2 1/2 months old and ready to be adopted. I just
moved them from their old home where they spawned about 8 times in the last
four months (only saved 3 sets of fry, though) to the new 55 gallon. They have
not spawned there yet; I am guessing either because spawning season is over or
because they don't yet feel completely at home in their new tank.

Thanks again for the comments. I just put up pictures last night of my little
2 gallon betta tank and my planted 10 gallon, too.

Erica

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

The 55g pics are gorgeous, very colorful, very clean aquarium. I don't have a
digital camera myself but I have easy access to someone else's. I'm not good
at
taking pictures and today I was playing with it. When I take picture of my
tank
some bright leaves instead of appearing bright green they just look white on
the
photo :-( I have no idea what setting to change :-(

Anyway, here is one photo:
http://onehappygirl.com/october25.jpg

Hi Marvin!

Thanks for the comments! I didn't know what I was doing when I was playing
with my digital camera, which is why I am so astounded that the pics came out
as well as they did. I fell asleep reading the instruction manual last night
so I still don't know about all its bells and whistles, yet. One thing that
might help is if you touch up your photos with a program like Adobe
photoshop...I got some really poor-quality photos (taken with my regular camera
before I got the digital) back from the film developer, but after I lowered the
brightness and increased the contrast, they turned out really beautiful (well,
of course as the owner of the pictures I am biased).

I like the october25 photo a lot! it's very artistic and of course has that
beautiful discus of yours. It looks like you added some new plants since your
last photo? Someday I'd like to setup a big discus tank myself, but that's not
for a LOOOONG time when I'm finished with school. I have my hands full enough
now as it is.

Thanks for sharing; let us know when you have new pictures!!

Erica
Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

[...]

You're right, over the last week I added $88 worth of plants to the 90g
aquarium. I was told the tank looked empty. Now I think it looks better but
according to many people's standards it definitely is not "heavily" planted. I
will add more plants but I've visited all LFS and there is nothing available
that I would like so I have to be patient.

I also added 21 Cardinals a few days ago so I couldn't resist to take a picture
;-)

Marvin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Marlin

[...]

Totally agree. I use Paint Shop Pro7 as well. In particular is the ability
to adjust the gamma levels which affect color rendering. A pic taken in a
tank using 4000K NO flourescents can be adjusted to show what the tank would
look like under 6700K or vice versa.

But, Marvins no slouch even when just borrowing a camera.

Marlin