Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
BruceKGeist

Default Spetracide Stump Remover-- pure K2NO3?

Does anyone know if SPECRACIDE STUMP REMOVER is pure Potassium Nitrate? Can I
use it for dosing my Aquarium?

I know that the only active ingredient is K2NO3. This I verified with the
manufacturer. However the person who took my call could not tell me anything
about other "inactive" ingredients.

Anyone have specific experience with this product? Thanks in advance.

-Bruce
Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Dinky

I did some quick research and all resources claim it's 100% potassium nitrate.

quote:
"I use Spectracide stump remover. It's 100% potassium nitrate. I found mine
at Lowes. It was in the insecticide/herbicide section in a green bottle with
a tip on it. $4.95 for 493 grams. That's enough to raise 10 gallons of water
to 11345 PPM of Nitrate and 7314 PPM of Potassium."
end quote

--
------
Billy

:
: I know that the only active ingredient is K2NO3. This I verified with the
: manufacturer. However the person who took my call could not tell me anything
: about other "inactive" ingredients.
:
: Anyone have specific experience with this product? Thanks in advance.
:
: -Bruce

Green Light Stump Remover Watercress Freshwater Aquaria Plants 30 15-03-2005 08:48 PM
Cans of "stump remover" Winter Lawns 3 24-11-2004 02:53 PM
Recommendation for chlorine/chloramine remover? Harry Muscle Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 09-01-2004 01:49 AM
Pure Poetry Sam Bass Roses 4 25-11-2003 12:02 AM
What does a phosphate remover actually do? Bruce Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 12-11-2003 12:22 AM