Old 20-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Peter

Default Seachem Flourite dirty water?

Could be a dumb Q but here goes: is Flourite similar to Laterite? I have a
mixture of 2/3 plain 2-3mm gravel and 1/3 laterite, but have been thinking of
moving to Flourite given the good press/comments I keep reading about re its use
in a planted tank. (I'm currently using UGF but am considering discontinuing
that and removing the ugf plates one at a time - big messy disturbance anyway so
maybe a good time to replace substrate as well. I've got external Whisper
filtration going anyway.) 55gal, no co2 yet, 80W
TIA-
Pete

Doug wrote:

I rinsed my Flourite as well as I could. I was worried about rinsing the
important plant base right out of it. My tank now has a visibility of about
1 inch. How long before the water is clear again? When I go to plant
something or shift the gravel will that stir it all up again? I have taken
the filter off so it does not get clogged with fine red grit, I hope that is
correct.
Thanks
PS I went with straight Flourite with no added substrate.