GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Acrylic vs. Glass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15825-acrylic-vs-glass.html)

B. 20-04-2003 06:11 AM

Acrylic vs. Glass

I was pondering if one type of tank is better than the other. I currently
have a 60 gallon planted acrylic tank. I do believe that in some way the
acrylic on the top of the tank affects the lighting in some way. I was
wondering if it would be better to grow my plants in a glass tank that has
no covering over the top except for the mid glass brace. My current light
setup is 4 55 watt shop lights over the top of the tank with twin diy co2
injection. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on this matter please
post. I am really considering switching to a glass tank but i would like to
know if there truly is a reason to. Thanks in advance.