Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Mike K

Default Cheap Flourite on West Coast

Living in Los Angeles I've found it difficult to find Flourite at a
reasonable price. My LFS sells it at an average of $25 per bag. Mail order
looked tempting but since all the big mail order houses seemed to be on the
east coast, shipping jacked the price out of reach.

I just placed an order from http://www.aquaticwarehouse.com for $14.99 per
bag. A bargain from what I've been able to find. And since they're in San
Diego, shipping for 3 bags was only $7.50.

Here's the link if any are interested:
http://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/site...8-4CB9-92E9B43
CE9E668CE

I haven't received my order yet so can't comment on reliablity or customer
service but am just tossing it out there in case anyone's interested. If
anyone has a source in/around Los Angeles, please pass it on.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
E. Mito

In article , Mike K
writes:

Living in Los Angeles I've found it difficult to find Flourite at a
reasonable price. My LFS sells it at an average of $25 per bag. Mail order
looked tempting but since all the big mail order houses seemed to be on the
east coast, shipping jacked the price out of reach.

Hello Mike,

Just wondering if you know of any good LFS with a decent plant selection in
L.A.? Unfortunately IME good plant selections from nearby LFS have been
lacking.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Mike K

Just wondering if you know of any good LFS with a decent plant selection in
L.A.? Unfortunately IME good plant selections from nearby LFS have been
lacking.

I've never found anything too impressive locally (keep in mind that I'm new
to plants. I'm a sal****er convert). Either melting/algae covered plants or
ridiculous prices. General opinion on this board seems to be
http://trueaquariumplants.com

I'm placing an order this week and will report my experience.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Gregory Gooden

Mark's fish carries flourite and a great selection of plants too... I shop
there at least monthly..

Gregory

http://www.myfishbox.com/members/ggooden
Get your own FREE homepage, email and