Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
ddaquaria

Default Metal Halide owners

How do you fix the loud buzz of a metal halide? I can deal with the low hum
of the 3 of my MHs, but the 4th has a loud buzz. Anything to do besides
purchasing a new ballast that can fix this problem. It is in an enclosure.
The ballast is from Hamilton Technology. All my ballast are from them, but
this one is the only one with a loud buzz. The ballasts are all at least 4
years old.

Is there anything I can tweak in the enclosure?

big D
--
Remove the word ³REMOVE² to reply to me.

Check out my fish site @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/ddaquaria/

Or just a whole lot of macro and other aquarium pictures @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Pete

Try moving it around and pressing down in places. I found that a piece of
styrofoam placed underneath (so the weight of the ballast basically pushed the
bottom panel of the box up) the buzzing box I had stopped it.
Something is loose and the regular low hum is rattling a loose
somethingorother.

Peter.