Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM

Default Planting potted plants?

I want to put a couple of amazon swords and other potted type plants in
my tank and I need advice on if I should remove the pot or not? Isn't
there rockwool in there that is bad for the tank? I'd like to just leave
them in the pot if I can and just drop them in the tank till I get some
time free to actually plant them. Is thie OK? What does everyone else
do? Thanks,

Scott
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Dinky

The wool generally won't hurt anything ime, and the pot can be useful being left
on, particularily if you elect to move the plant later on. I kept several swords
in my 20 g until the 75 was ready, leaving them in the pots for about 2 1/2
months. No problems.

wrote in message
m...
: I want to put a couple of amazon swords and other potted type plants in
: my tank and I need advice on if I should remove the pot or not? Isn't
: there rockwool in there that is bad for the tank? I'd like to just leave
: them in the pot if I can and just drop them in the tank till I get some
: time free to actually plant them. Is thie OK? What does everyone else
: do? Thanks,
:
: Scott