GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help the newbies (OT!) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15911-re-help-newbies-ot.html)

E. Mito 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

help the newbies (OT!)

In article ,
) writes:

You possess poor grammer for someone with a MS and this is a
distinctive characteristic of a certain other personality.

Not all people with masters or PhD's, for that matter, have perfect grammar (I
know this from experience -- I was a secretary for several years for a
university graduate program and now I'm a graduate student myself -- English
is not the native language of a very good portion of the graduate students I've
encountered). And because someone's grammar isn't good, I don't think it's
really a useful basis to judge someone's personality.

I'm not defending or saying this is the case with the original poster of this
thread (who knows why he posted what he did; everyone who reads this group
regularly knows what he says isn't true), I just felt compelled to share my POV
on your comment.

I know you are practically worshipped as an APD god and I am grateful that you
post so much useful information here, too -- please keep it up and don't let
the GWT's get to you. :)

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm