Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Pat

Default Plants with damaged shoots

Anyone has any explanation as to why my the new shoots from my Amazon sword
and one other plant (no ID) have holes in them even before they have fully
"unwrapped". (spread out :-) )
It's definitely not a pretty sight of holes although the leaves turn out
with a nice green.
__________________________________________________ ________________ dALoneR
Mishtaah ICQ#: 1339628 Current ICQ status: ( Home Tel#: na na na ( Work
Tel#: la la la 7 Fax#: up yourz + More ways to contact me

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Pat

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my fishies. I DO have Clown loaches (2), 1
algae eater, 1 red tail, 4 neons and some ghost shrimps. (typical tank)!
So the loachies are the culprits, eh? What sly foxes!!! You're right, I
didn't have that problem when I had them im my hospital tank while they had
the ich. Thanks LeighMo! Good day 2 U :-)!

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Anyone has any explanation as to why my the new shoots from my Amazon

sword
and one other plant (no ID) have holes in them even before they have

fully
"unwrapped". (spread out :-) )

Something is eating the tender new shoots. My clown loaches do that all

the
time. It's very aggravating. They bite the leave when it's small and

rolled
up, meaning multiple holes when the leaf unfolds, that get larger and

larger as
the leaf grows.

What kinds of fish, snails, etc., do you have in your tank?

Leigh