GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hygro Difformis: Leaves are closed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15925-hygro-difformis-leaves-closed.html)

alex crouvier 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

Hygro Difformis: Leaves are closed

I noticed recently that the leaves of my Diofformis are closed (or cupped?)
Could they be receiving too much light? I have one compact fluorescent at 36
watt and a single 4" fluorescent tube of 36 watt over 15-gallon of water.

From the dark green of the leaves I am sure they have enough iron. I use a
thin layer of Sera Floredepot as substrate fertilizer and doze Seachem
Potassium & Traces every 3 days. I drop Dennerle iron tab every 2 weeks.

I also have Hygrophila Polysperma and their leaves look wrinkled but they do
grow vertically....

Steve Galupe 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

Hygro Difformis: Leaves are closed

My H. polysperma leaves are wrinkly but green too. I'm experimenting with
oyster shells right now. I crushed half a shell and placed it in a filter
bag, and is currently inside my internal power filter. I'm monitoring my pH
right now, it's still around ~6.5. It's been only two days. No new leaves
from the hygro yet.

I'll post the result in this newgroup in a few weeks.

Steve

"alex crouvier" wrote in message
I noticed recently that the leaves of my Diofformis are closed (or

cupped?)
Could they be receiving too much light? I have one compact fluorescent at

36
watt and a single 4" fluorescent tube of 36 watt over 15-gallon of water.

From the dark green of the leaves I am sure they have enough iron. I use a