GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dead plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15931-dead-plants.html)

Timbo 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

dead plants

this will have been asked loads of times, sorry if anyone is upset by my
asking it again.

my problem is that several of the plants in my aquarium keep on dying
and turning to slime. It first happened about a month ago. I replaced
them, but within a short time these died too. Foolhardy as I am, I
tried for third time.
The plants are low growing ones, unfortunately I can't give the names,
but there are several different types.

I have had my tank for two years and have never had any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Remedies.

thanks :-)

--
TimBo :-)

Steve Galupe 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

dead plants

What are your tank specs?

Size/dimensions- Amount of light- Water change freq.-
Substrate type- Fertilizer- Fish stock- any information that you think might
help answer your questions.

Empty 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

dead plants

oSpam (LeighMo) wrote in
:

Another possibility is that the plants you are buying are bog plants.
They will survive for a few weeks or months submerged, but will always
die eventually.

A third possibility is that you have bought crypts (IE plants from the
cryptocoryne genus). These plants frequently "melt", losing all their
leaves, when greatly shocked(IE transplanted or exposed to a big water
chemistry/temperature fluctuation).

~Empty

--
"I'm constantly forgetting my own phone number. Quite simply,
it's because I never call myself. (I used to, but I was never