Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Stuart Mueller

Default Salvinia

I have a clump of Salvinia in my tank. I got it about 6 weeks ago.

When I bought it it had lovely long roots, trailing in the water, a few of
the leaves where brown tinged though.

Since I bought it it use to free float around my tank, but I have since
added a bit of tubing to the top of the water to hold it in place in the
front of my tank.

It started growing really well with a lot of new leaves appearing, but now
it seems to have slowed down it's growth somewhat especially since I remove
some of the old stuff with brown leaves. It now has no long dangling roots
they have all either come off or were removed when I removed the brownish
leaves. I don't think my fish are eating the roots, they had a peck from
time to time, but didn't like them.

Any idea what I am doing wrong, or will the roots grow back?

Stu

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Probably due to lack of nutrients. I notice mine turn brown when I
hold off on the ferts. Try adding same. Also it will multiply likc
crazy with co2.

Marcus

Http://www.Aquatic-Store.com