Old 20-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Bob Alston

Default Problem with Python fill shut-off

Having problems using the Python when filling my tanks. Draining
works slick. The fill problem is using the shut-off while I walk to
the tank. Last time I tried it burst some kind of fitting at the sink
and sprayed water all over the kitchen (luckly the wife was out at the
time).

Anyone else use the shut-off valve when filling? Any tips?

Bob
Old 20-04-2003, 07:12 AM
cindy

I don't use the shut-off at all for that reason - I fill the last
gallon or so by hand. How do you dechlorinate your water while
filling? I add a bunch of chlorine remover to the tank before
starting the refill and let it run in slowly - but I wonder how much
of a chlorine dose my fish get.
Old 20-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Robin Pereira

Hi Bob:

I don't close the valve at the tank. When I have drained enough water I go
to the sink and close the drain valve at the sink so that the water reverses
direction. I found that the pressure buildup with the tank valve shut off
does cause problems at the sink end and I was concerned that I would have
your experience.

Robin P.

om...

Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Initially do not have the pressure turned all of the way up. Make
sure the fitting in the faucet as well as the one attached to the
python it on correctly. I prefer to use the copper fitting inside
the faucet,

Marcus

Http://www.Aquatic-Store.com