Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Martyn

Default algattack

Dear All,
Has anyone tried this new product from Cellpharm called algattack, I was
recommended it by my LFS to reduce PO4(3-) levels biologically, the only
info that I can find about it is via the companies website:
http://www.biosynthesis.co.uk/aquarium_water.htm
where they obviously give it lots of praise. If anyone has any experience
with this I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Martyn

Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
BruceKGeist

I am not sure about the product you mention, however one known approach to
reducing algae is to get higher plants growing vigorously. Basically make sure
the higher plants have everything they need to thrive, and they will eat up the
phosphates for you.

My bet is that getting your plants to grow vigorously will work better and more
cheaply than some chemical designed to take up phosphates that you must
continually add.

-Bruce Geist