Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
kush

Default Could someone please ID these Plants

OK, I'm awful at identifying plants from just one picture, but here are my
best guesses...

1. Rotala wallichi
2. Heteranthera Zosterfolia
3. Either some variety of Bacopa or a Ludwigia grown under low lights
4. Blurry photo. Hmm, either a Lymnophila or a Myriophylum, but probably a
Lymnophilia

....but I wouldn't bet money on any of them.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Aqua wrote in message
1. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc1.jpg
2. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc2.jpg
3. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc3.jpg
4. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc4.jpg

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
James Purchase

"Aqua" wrote in message
1. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc1.jpg
2. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc2.jpg

Are these two shots of the same plant? It looks like it could be Hydrilla,
but they can be confused with species of Egeria, Elodea or Lagarosiphon.
Without a size reference, its hard to tell for sure from your photos.

3. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc3.jpg

A species of Bacopa, probably B. caroliniana. An easy plant to grwo, will
flower (pale blue flowers) above the water's surface

4. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc4.jpg

Blurry photo, but probably a species of Limnophila. One of my favourite stem
plants. Likes lots of nutrients (otherwise it quickly goes pale). Will
change leaf form and flower if allowed to grow above the water line.

James Purchase
Toronto

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

1. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc1.jpg
2. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc2.jpg

Are these two shots of the same plant? It looks like it could be Hydrilla,
but they can be confused with species of Egeria, Elodea or Lagarosiphon.
Without a size reference, its hard to tell for sure from your photos.

First one's leaves are more like needles. Second one has flat and little
bigger leaves.

3. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc3.jpg

A species of Bacopa, probably B. caroliniana. An easy plant to grwo, will
flower (pale blue flowers) above the water's surface

I have a B.Caroliniaana. but these leaves are bigger than B.Caro.

4. http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/misc4.jpg

Blurry photo, but probably a species of Limnophila. One of my favourite

stem
plants. Likes lots of nutrients (otherwise it quickly goes pale). Will
change leaf form and flower if allowed to grow above the water line.

Sorry. I changed the Picture now. I copied the wrong photo of that plant.

Thank You
Dominic

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

1) Mayaca fluvatilis
2) Mayaca fluvatilis
3) Bacopa carolina
4) limnophila sp. (asian maybe?)

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

1) Mayaca fluvatilis
2) Mayaca fluvatilis
3) Bacopa carolina
4) limnophila sp. [maybe asian limnophila?]

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Dave Millman

Aqua,

I would trust the judgement of the folks who responded to you. Given that they
are unanimous on B. carolina, then you can be pretty confident its B. caroilina.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
triathlon

According to my illustration guides you have the following, but # 2 was
too unclear for me to tell
1.Didiplis diandra
2. ?
3. Bocopa Carolinia