Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Velvet

Default UK ONLY - Plants going free (or at least only the cost of postage)!!

Right! It's that time where my tank is now overgrown (or will be within
days). I'm planning on leaving it till monday before pruning, but will have
some giant vallis, and another that *might* be ceratophyllum demersum, but
mine appears to have proper roots, so I'm not convinced ;-) It looks
similar, leaf-wise. Very vigorous growing, and bushes up nicely if you keep
nipping the tops out, but really comes into its own when it gets to within a
few inches of the surface, with lovely bushiness, and a light bronze tinting
to the newest rosettes of leaves (therefore I suspect it's tolerant of lower
light levels, but really enjoys the higher end of lighting levels. There
might be a few cuttings from another couple of plants, but I have no idea
what they are, so if you end up with something other than vallis or the
ceratophyllum?? I'd love to know what it is, if you can ID it - so there'll
be a bit of pot luck here, too ;-)

So, could I please have snailmail addresses (for the UK, obviously) sent to
the email addy (remove the obvious bit to make the address work, ta) in my
reply-to on this post.

Could people also let me know how many plants they're after, since I don't
mind pulling up a couple extra mature giant vallis (mine will soon send out
runners). The ceratophyllum?? will be top cuttings, so I'll divvy that up
between people, in small bunches - if there's not enough bunches, I'll put
you top of the list for the next lot of prunings from it :-)

I'll wait till you get the plants - I'm interested to know what condition
they get to you in, and how the packing survived - if it's ok, then
reimbursment for postage would be appreciated ;-)

Velvet