GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Carbon/sponge filtration mediums? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15984-carbon-sponge-filtration-mediums.html)

Tasslehoff 20-04-2003 06:13 AM

Carbon/sponge filtration mediums?

Do Carbon/sponge filter mediums for UGF's absorb minerals like
iron/potassium and other fertiliser products from the water column?

Tasslehoff 20-04-2003 06:13 AM

Carbon/sponge filtration mediums?

Anyone? I'm referring to the Hagen combination filter cartridge, fits all
undergravel filters. Contains activated carbon and filter foam. Art
#A-855. 2 per pack. TIA.

u...

Tasslehoff 20-04-2003 06:14 AM

Carbon/sponge filtration mediums?

They're the upside down shoe shaped ones. Hagen also have the cylinder
shaped ones which are smaller and only have about one third of the carbon as
the booty ones.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Anyone? I'm referring to the Hagen combination filter cartridge, fits

all
undergravel filters. Contains activated carbon and filter foam.

Do you mean the goldfish ones, that contain filter floss and carbon?

In any case, i wouldn't worry about it. Those UGF cartridges contain so

little
carbon that it doesn't make any difference.

Leigh