Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
J Roos

Default Any experience with Carbo Plus CO2 Systems?

Has anyone out there used one of the Carbo Plus block systems for CO2
generation?
I would like to know how well it works, and how often the carbo block unit
needs to be replaced.
I would use it on 26 show with a timer to turn off at night...
It seems much simpler than the regulator, bubble counter, etc.
Thanks
J Roos

Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"J Roos" wrote in message
Has anyone out there used one of the Carbo Plus block systems for CO2
generation?
I would like to know how well it works, and how often the carbo block unit
needs to be replaced.
I would use it on 26 show with a timer to turn off at night...
It seems much simpler than the regulator, bubble counter, etc.
Thanks
J Roos

Hi J Roos,

Some time ago I considered getting one of those units as well. I did some
research and asked a few knowledgeable people. Those and similar units do not
seem to produce as good results as pressurized systems and also their cost is
very high. With pressurized system there is only one time cost of cylinder,
regulator and valve. The cost of refill is negligible and you will most likely
refill only once or twice a year.

I haven't touched my pressurized CO2 system in months. It is very stable. I let
it run 24/7 and don't worry about it.

You will be happy with pressurized system.

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com

Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Dave

In , "J Roos"
empowered us with this mighty blow against the
Patriarchy:

Has anyone out there used one of the Carbo Plus block systems for CO2
generation?
I would like to know how well it works, and how often the carbo block
unit needs to be replaced.
I would use it on 26 show with a timer to turn off at night...
It seems much simpler than the regulator, bubble counter, etc.
Thanks
J Roos

If you do get one of these units, make sure you run it for a couple of days
in a tank without fish before putting it in your aquarium. This wasn't
mentioned in the manual that came with the unit, but I did find it
somewhere else, I think at the manufacturer's website. Unfortunately I
didn't do this, and lost three fish as a result.
Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM

If you can pick up a used one for cheap and do not plan on adding any
more planted tanks in the future, it's okay.
Simple small etc.
You'll see a few being offered on line/auctions ebay etc.
You' will never see a gas tank system offered for sale used etc.
Now ask your self why one's for sale and the other never is?
Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 20-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Richmond

Few weeks back I upgraded my DIY CO2 with a Pressurized CO2 System.
Here is the notes on that.

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

Thanks
Dominic