Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

Default Free Plants USA Only You pay S/H by USPS

I got all my plants from this NG. So I am giving it back in the same way

Limnophila sessiflora
Bacopa Caroliniana
Ambulia
Red Ludwig
Rotala Indica
Cabomba Carolinina
Water Sprite
Water wisteria
Looots of Hygrophilla (Green and sunset)
Star Grass
Baby tears

Shipping $5.00 by USPS.
Let me know what you want. I am going to limit 2 to 3 stems each. Payment
only by PayPal.
Let me know your PayPal id. I DO NOT accept credit card payments through
PayPal.

Remove "kickme" to mail me.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

Most of them gone. Few of them gone to aquabid.com

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Cesium

"Aqua" wrote in message
Let me know your PayPal id. I DO NOT accept credit card payments through
PayPal.

Not interested in plants right now, but I had a question, just out of
curiosity:
I'm a little confused, why would it matter what the client pays paypal with
as long as paypal pays you?
-Cesium

---

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Okie

Because if you pay cash and there is a problem, you are out of luck. Pay
with a credit card and there is a problem, you can dispute the charge with
the credit card company. If the credit card company finds in your favor in
the dispute, they will recover your money. So, if you pay the $5 for
shipping and he doesn't ship it, you are out of luck and money.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

No. Sorry

PayPal is charging me 2.9% + $0.30 commission for each Credit Card
Transaction.

Hope you understand. Before buying from someone you can ask for reference
like eBay feedback or auqabid feedback etc.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...ique_id=01772&
source_page=_home

If the above link is not working, then search for
"Can Personal accounts receive credit card payments?"

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
M Walczak

Leigh
I see you have Lilaeopsis novae zelandiae in your tank.
I just got some the other day and it is hard to plant. any tips for success
with this plant?
"LeighMo" wrote in message
Let me know your PayPal id. I DO NOT accept credit card payments

through
PayPal.

Not interested in plants right now, but I had a question, just out of
curiosity:
I'm a little confused, why would it matter what the client pays paypal

with
as long as paypal pays you?

PayPal has two kinds of accounts, personal and merchant. The merchant

account
lets you accept credit cards, but PayPal charges a fee for each

transaction
(whether it's a credit card transaction or not). I think it's around 2%.
Basically, they have to make up what the banks charge them for processing
credit card transactions.

If you have a personal account, there are no transaction fees -- but you

can't
accept credit card payments. If someone sends you a credit card payment,
you'll get an e-mail encouraging you to upgrade your account to a merchant
account. If you don't do it, you can't get the money.

This being the case, many people keep two PayPal accounts: one merchant

and one
personal. That way, you can ask people who are paying from their checking
accounts or PayPal balances to send the money to your personal account,

where
you won't be charged fees, while still having the convenience of being

able to
accept credit cards with your merchant account if you want to.

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Cesium

PayPal is charging me 2.9% + $0.30 commission for each Credit Card
Transaction.

Hope you understand. Before buying from someone you can ask for reference
like eBay feedback or auqabid feedback etc.

That makes more sense, what Okie said would only apply to problems for the
buyer and not the seller. Because you are the seller, you probably wouldn't
be very concerned about the buyer's security.

From reading your link, would it be possible for the buyer to first transfer
money from his credit card to his paypal account, and then transfer the
money to you?

You said that paypal charges you such and such percent and charge. Do you
mean that hypothetically they would charge you that ammount if you had a
business membership, that you could receive credit payments with a charge on
your personal account, or neither? If the first two, maybe you would be
willing to accept credit payments if the buyer paid extra?
-Cesium

---

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:31:22 GMT, "Cesium"
wrote:

Not interested in plants right now, but I had a question, just out of
curiosity:
I'm a little confused, why would it matter what the client pays paypal with
as long as paypal pays you?

If you have the most basic paypal account, then it costs you extra to
receive credit-card payments. The additional charge of a "premium"
account isn't very much, so most people just switch over to it.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
kush

M Walczak wrote in message
hlink.net...
Leigh
I see you have Lilaeopsis novae zelandiae in your tank.
I just got some the other day and it is hard to plant. any tips for

success
with this plant?

May I? Planting lilaeopsis takes either patience or bloody-minded
determination. It's best undertaken with no small children in the house, or
anyone who will be offended by strong language. I will outline both methods
which have worked for me:

The Patient Method: Carefully tug off small sections about the size of a
dime which are to be to be planted. Holding the clump between thumb and
forefingers, align the roots and , using fine scissors, cut away the white
bits that extend beyond the clump. Dig a small pit and hold the clump in it
while you back fill. Note: this is the part where the clump will usually
float to the surface and the swearing commences. I have a 18" stick with
two plastic-coated wire bread ties wrapped around the end I use for this
part. Hold the clump down loosely and sprinkle fine gravel in amongst the
blades. Repeat, hundreds of times, placing the clumps about 1/8" - 1/4"
apart.

The Bloody-minded Method: Assumes you are using "turf." Empty all but
about 1" of water out of the tank. I'm serious - this is how I do it. Lay
the piece of turf where you want it, sprinkle it with fine gravel to hold it
down and fill in around the edges. Put the water back in the tank.

When you buy sheets of turf, in my experience, they have usually been grown
emersed. There is a fairly long period (one month? three months?) before it
adjusts to being submerged and will start to spread. Some portions may
experience a little die back where cut roots have rotted. As far as
possible, avoid getting your siphon right down in amongst the blades as you
will uproot a lot of edges.

If you haven't already, consider installing "boundaries" to restrain your
Lileaopsis from spreading.

Good luck.

kush

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aqua

You said that paypal charges you such and such percent and charge. Do you
mean that hypothetically they would charge you that ammount if you had a
business membership, that you could receive credit payments with a charge

on

If a buyer pays $10.00 by CC then for a premium account will get only $9.41.

your personal account, or neither? If the first two, maybe you would be
willing to accept credit payments if the buyer paid extra?

If I accept CC payment (or upgrade my account) then PayPal will charge the
commission for all my transaction including bank account transfers. Of
course I can have two accounts, one for CC payment and one for bank
transfers. But I am not a professional seller and maintaining two accounts
will be a pain IT Butt.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Cesium

If I accept CC payment (or upgrade my account) then PayPal will charge the
commission for all my transaction including bank account transfers. Of
course I can have two accounts, one for CC payment and one for bank
transfers. But I am not a professional seller and maintaining two accounts
will be a pain IT Butt.

Makes sense, was just wondering is all.
-Cesium

---

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM

This thread sort bugs me.

I've always simply just shipped when folks say they sent the $$$.
I've never lost a dime in doing this for 10 years.
Folks just send check/sometimes cash folded in paper. Simple.

There are no "hoods" out to weasel you out of your postal money
(5-10$) for free plants which is already a good deal.
Anyone this low is truly hopeless and will never be dealt with again.

Have some faith and trust in folks.

I would feel like I would be saying to them "I don't trust you even
with 5$". "You are too petty and cheap to be trusted to send me 5$ for
this nice favor I am doing for you for something you want or you are
too forgetful to send the money"

Maybe folks have dogged you, personally never had it happen and
wouldn't change even if it did.

Seems like a personal favor to start with then it's depersonalized
with this legal dispute clause with credit cards and you can only pay
this way.....Come on......
I'd toss the plants in the trash if I felt that way. It ain't worth
it.
..
Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Cesium

Seems like a personal favor to start with then it's depersonalized
with this legal dispute clause with credit cards and you can only pay
this way.....Come on......
I'd toss the plants in the trash if I felt that way. It ain't worth
it.

I think you are misunderstanding the situation. This is not a trust issue,
this is an extra fee issue. If he wishes to give away plants but doesn't
want to be bothered with PayPal's various extra charges, then it makes sense
for him to want to be paid with non-credit only. I think Okie's comment
confused you, because he missed what the issue was and said it was something
about buyer security, which it is not.
-Cesium

---

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:35:20 -0500, Rich Conley
wrote:

yeah...I agree with the fact that premium is a good Idea, but really..who wants
to pay money to give stuff away

But if you charge a little than the shipping price, you can cover the
cost of the paypal fees.

Note that I'm not saying the original poster should upgrade his
account. I'm just saying, if someone does upgrade (like I did),
there are ways to make sure you aren't loosing money on paypal.
The paypal fees on a $8.00 transaction were just 53 cents. So I'd
just charge enough extra to cover that fee.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua