GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aquatic plant sediment test (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/159978-aquatic-plant-sediment-test.html)

[email protected] 12-06-2007 03:14 AM

Aquatic plant sediment test

I've just completed a fairly extensive sediment growth comparison test
using milfoil as a study plant.

The results are a little surprising.

ADA Aqua soil
Rich clay black Delta Sediment
Tahoe sandy soil
Soil Master Select(old Turface)
Sand + garden soil(3:1)
Plain sand

I did two main treatments: flow through with no water column fert
additions and the other with 3x a week NO3/K/PO4/Traces

The tap water source was the same as was the light and both have
continuous flushing(so no interaction from sediment leaching could
occur). The water column ferts where dosed at high concentrations and
allowed to bath the plants for about 1 hour.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Richard Sexton 12-06-2007 08:09 PM

Aquatic plant sediment test

Do you really mean sediment or substrate? I'm confused.

In article .com,
wrote:
I've just completed a fairly extensive sediment growth comparison test
using milfoil as a study plant.

The results are a little surprising.

ADA Aqua soil
Rich clay black Delta Sediment
Tahoe sandy soil
Soil Master Select(old Turface)
Sand + garden soil(3:1)
Plain sand

Are these the results in order? Do we have any quantitive feel for the
differences?

I'd be interested if you compared Ma Reimers technique of manure under sand.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net