GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pH swing CO2 related? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16002-ph-swing-co2-related.html)

M Walczak 20-04-2003 06:13 AM

pH swing CO2 related?

I just set up my DIY co2 reactor for my 29g tank.
Prior to addition of co2 the pH was ~7.6 and KH about 3 to 4
After half day of CO2 I tested pH at night B4 turning off the lights. pH 7.4

In the morning, just after turning on the light pH was 8.6!

Testing an hour later yielded a pH of 7.6
and KH still about 3
Should i be concerned or surprised by these swings in pH. I would like to
think that the high ph test was not due human error, (i am a chemist), but
it is possible.
your thoughts?

Francisco Caamaño 20-04-2003 06:13 AM

pH swing CO2 related?

The same thing happen to me, but after some time the pH came down !!! here
you can see what I have don't in almost a month
http://www3.sympatico.ca/c1000mg/aqu...l-nov2002.html also depends
on the cain of CO2 diffuser you are using, I use a Quick filter with a
PowerHead 402(HAGEN) I put a hole in the botton of the quick filter and i
works Just fine, some times I use Flourish Excel (Seachem) and it does just
fine, I still building my aquarium, but it is going to be full of plants
soon!!!, I aready can see the diference with thw wisteria...