Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
wiggywacker

Default co2: Carbo Plus....any views?

Hello!

I've just recently seen in the shop a new type of co2 creating device.....
it's called the Carbo Plus. Has anyone got any experience, pros / cons, or
views on it?

I've got a 180 liter Rio from Juwel, and want to create some great
aquascaping with interesting plants. I have 2 x 30w bulbs, one of which is
a growlux, and the other a special effects thing but also good for plants.
I've just ordered a reflector kit also to double the light output.

Basically, my aim is to ensure healthy voluptuous plants, and minimize the
algae }:

Do you also know if those new carbon plates are economical to replace?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
SteveG

Default Carbo Plus....any views?

From a very recent discussion:

"Yes. See the pros and cons he

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/carbo.htm

It would probably work okay on a 26 gallon tank, but it's still a relatively
expensive way to inject CO2. How long a block lasts depends on how high you
set it. The manufacturer claims that a block will last about two months,
run
at full tilt, 24/7. You may get 6-8 months out of one block, if you have a
smallish tank, and only run the Carbo-Plus when the lights are on.

New blocks cost $35-$40...but many people find they have to replace the
stainless steel holder, too. That ups the price for each replacement to
$60.
Compressed CO2 refills are much cheaper than that, and last longer.

Leigh

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/halloween/881/"

Steve