Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Phil Williamson

Default building a lighting system

Does anyone know a website that shows how to build a decent looking hood for
a 20gallon tank? Keep in mind that I've never wired anything before so it
has to have some good instructions.

Phil..

Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
Does anyone know a website that shows how to build a decent looking hood for
a 20gallon tank? Keep in mind that I've never wired anything before so it
has to have some good instructions.

Phil..

Hi Phil,

For my hood I ordered lights and reflectors from www.ahsupply.com and the kit
came with good wiring instructions and all you need. They also sell hoods.

Good luck,
--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com

Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know a website that shows how to build a decent looking hood for
a 20gallon tank? Keep in mind that I've never wired anything before so it
has to have some good instructions.

Phil..

A&H Supply sells an easy to make 55watt PC light.
If you can make a 5 sided box w/wood then you are in business.
Paint to suit.
They sell 1/4 thick popular at Homer Depot that works nice.
You can also use a 2 x20 watt regular FL lights, I'd switch the tar
ballast for an electronic one.

Regards,
Tom Barr