GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new tank (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16064-new-tank.html)

lynsey 20-04-2003 06:14 AM

new tank

Ive been looking for a second hand aquarium for a while now and have finallf
found one that i tink suits me.
Its 36" x 18" x 21" . And only has one light with it ( a growlux). I was
planning on putting in another one if i bought it.
But i just worked out the capasity of it and its huge! roughly 200lit (or 55
UK gal)
Would just 2 tubes be sufficient to support a resonably planted tank?
What would be the best ones to get to get range of spectrum + intensity?

Thanks,
Lynsey.

Cannibul 20-04-2003 06:14 AM

new tank

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:57:35 -0000, "lynsey"
wrote:

Ive been looking for a second hand aquarium for a while now and have finallf
found one that i tink suits me.
Its 36" x 18" x 21" . And only has one light with it ( a growlux). I was
planning on putting in another one if i bought it.
But i just worked out the capasity of it and its huge! roughly 200lit (or 55
UK gal)
Would just 2 tubes be sufficient to support a resonably planted tank?
What would be the best ones to get to get range of spectrum + intensity?

Thanks,
Lynsey.

IMHO, no. You would have 60 watts on a 55 gallon tank. That's
barely one watt per gallon. You could grow some plants, not well, but
they would grow. Some Crypts, some Anubias, Java Fern, Java Moss, all
might grow. But very slowly.