Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Stem plant Problem

My stem plants are growing roots out from all the fronds and is making them
look rather unsightly. I've got a plain gravel substrate with CO2 & PMDD
injection, any advice on how to stop this from happening.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
kush

That's what (aquatic) stem plants do and, so far as I've ever heard, there's
no way to prevent it. Some produce node roots more prolifically than
others, though. The trick is to place the plants and prune them in such a
manner as to hide, disguise or - better yet - make the most of the tendency.

kush

u...

Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Tasslehoff

Okay ta, they looked great when I mail ordered them last week but my chain
sword, wisteria, and now my pennywort have roots coming out from everywhere,
should i try to just cut off the root nodes towards the top of the plant.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:14 AM
kush

You can prune off the exposed roots without damaging the plant, just accept
that they will grow back. I do it if they get really thick, tangled and
unsightly.

I've never had any chain sword but, I THINK (and someone else can take me up
on it?) that those are side shoots, or runners, and you want to be planting
them back in so they can spread?