Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Nathan Sahlberg

Default Americal Marine Pinpoint pH controller problem

Does anyone have a solution to the buzzing my new Pinpoint pH
contoller makes as it gets close to cutting power to my co2 solenoid?
I called the manufacturere (American Marine) and they said this
problem would end in 2 weeks or so. Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Nathan Sahlberg

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Huh ?

Yep, glad I decided to get a Milwaukee controller. It was cheaper than the
Pinpoint and works perfectly.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
DDD

It does that! Works very well however. Some better resolution than the
Milwakee.Mine is in a cabinet. I never here it anymore other than the
solenoid valve being actuated.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Bruce Geist

Nathan Sahlberg wrote in message
m...
Does anyone have a solution to the buzzing my new Pinpoint pH
contoller makes as it gets close to cutting power to my co2 solenoid?
I called the manufacturere (American Marine) and they said this
problem would end in 2 weeks or so. Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Nathan Sahlberg

My belief is that the problem is not the controller, but rather the
solenoid. I suspect the solenoid because when I plug the solenoid in
without the controller in the loop, the thing still buzzes. I have noticed
that re-orienting the solenoid with respect to the entire valve mechanism
seems to reduce the noise. The solenoid noise comes and goes-- and I do not
know why really-- though changing the solenoid position seems to help.

I am wondering how I can replace the solenoid on my CO2 valve set-up. Mine
is made by Ultra-life. Here is a picture of a similar, but newer model..
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4634

Anyone know how to replace the solenoid only on one of these set-ups?

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Bruce Geist

Bruce Geist wrote in message

[...]

Somehow the first sentence got cut off on my post.. I should explain that I
have
a pinpoint controller with an Utralife CO2 valve / solenoid set up. Mine
buzzes too,
but as I explain above, I suspect the solinoid, not the controller. -Bruce
Geist