Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
DDD

Default CO2 Reactor 1000

Hi Allen

I would go with a wet dry filter and run an external diffuser. It is easier
to maintain. Hydrologix makes a very nice one.

Drew

"Allen Smith" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have any information on this product in English rather
than German. More specifically what type of additional pump
(powerhead) would be needed to get it going.

I am running in on an Eheim 2026, but it just doesn't quite have
enough power to get it flowing all the time. So I plan to add a
powerhead inline either to the outlet or inlet of the Eheim tubing to
give it the extra bit of power. How many GHPs does one recommended, if
they own this product? The manual states 250gph per hour, but the
Eheim is rated at 251gph (empty I'm pretty sure).

At the moment I plan on adding a powerhead with another 250gph (I have
a lot of tubing at the moment which will probably appreciate the
additional gph), and the Eheim is attached to a prefilter which also
dimishes the gph. My only question really is what gph does everyone
recommend when adding a powerhead inline to the Eheim, and if adding
it to the outlet or inlet is prefered.

Thanks for the help, information on this product has been sparse. But
I do have to say that it is a great reactor and very sturdy and would
recommend it to anyone in the market for one.

Thanks,
Allen

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Huh ?

I have mine hooked to the output of an Eheim 2228 and it works fine. Why do
you you think there's not enough flow with the 2026 ?

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Allen Smith

Hi,

If I were to purchase all new equipment I might go that route, but I
want to stick with what I'm doing, regardless of maintenance. I enjoy
the fish tank maintenance a lot more than fish watching or plant
growing itself (shameless equipment maniac).

I know your idea is much simpler, but I want to run everything inline
if possible in one big loop. Just wanted ideas on the best placement
of the powerhead and gph of it.

Thank you, however.
Allen

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Allen Smith

I tried hooking it up to the -inlet- of the 2026 and it did not work
very well. I believe the 2228 has 50 more gph which is enough to get
it going. Mine almost starts, I believe if I cut some of the tubing
out (have about 15' of it attached to the reactor at the moment) it
would reduce the need for extra gph, but it's attached until I figure
out its current resting position. I will try this weekend attached to
the -outlet- of the Eheim and see how that works. The manual is
ambigous it states the inlet, and also states the outlet, I believe it
was just translated badly from German. Either way, I do believe an
extra 250gph would be helpful with the prefilter attached, it just
doesn't have the flow it used to (without the reactor attached
inline).

Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Huh ?

It helps to keep the tubes as short as possible. The 2228 has a smaller
outlet tube than the 2026 / 2028. Dunno how this might effect the flow. I've
got mine running into the top of the reactor 1000 and out the bottom and
into the tank.