Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Trygve Lillefosse

Default Those claypot type balls

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:39:03 -0500, T Snetsinger
wrote:
I saw a big bag of them at the local revy/homedepot type store in the
hydroponic area. Are they any good in a plant tank? look alot lighter
than gravel withlots of porosity

I used them once with a lava-stone setup. Worked fine for me, but you
will have to wash them realy good, ant discard quite a lot. Thin about
30% were "floaters". Some of them would sink after a couple of days.
The rest I discarded.

SEE YA !!!

Malawi, The Fisher King - Ruler Of The World
Conquering the world for YOU since 1972.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
redled

Better yet, "profile clay soil conditioner" (I think that's the name) is
available at home depot. It cost me $10 for 4" in a 55gal aquarium, and it
works great.

wrote:
I saw a big bag of them at the local revy/homedepot type store in the
hydroponic area. Are they any good in a plant tank? look alot lighter
than gravel withlots of porosity

I used them once with a lava-stone setup. Worked fine for me, but you
will have to wash them realy good, ant discard quite a lot. Thin about
30% were "floaters". Some of them would sink after a couple of days.
The rest I discarded.

SEE YA !!!

Malawi, The Fisher King - Ruler Of The World
Conquering the world for YOU since 1972.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John