Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
STEVE KREUTZER

Default echinodorous rubin - narrow leaves. Where available in US?

Hi. On the tropica web site, I saw echinodorous rubin - narrow leaves. I
really like it. I live in the U.S, any suggestions on where I might buy it.
I have seen the wide leaf variety but not the narrow.

Thanks

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Robert H

Mike K wrote in message ...
Try he
http://www.trueaquariumplants.com/pl...Aquarium&id=65

Thats just regular Red rubins, you can find anywhere. The narrow leaf
Red rubin is a Tropica exclusive, and their plants are not allowed
into the USA. Drive to Canada and you can buy it.

Robert H
www.aquabotanic.com
Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Steve Kreutzer

Do you know if it is legal for me to take the plant into the USA? I am
wondering if it is a commercial issue or agricultural. Is it just that they
can't be sold by a company or can't be brought in to the US? If it is just
a commercial issue, can people in the US trade with people in Canada? It is
a really beautiful plant!

Thanks!!

Steve

"Robert H" wrote in message
om...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
cindy

I just bought one yesterday in Campbell, CA (near San Jose) at Dolphin
Pet Village. Any chance you are in the Bay Area?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Steve Kreutzer

I wish I am in NJ. Is it narrow leaf or regular?
Thanks
om...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
cindy

...... Is it narrow leaf or regular?

Regular, I think. Leaves are about 1 inch thick at mid-leaf. Its the
first one I've seen so I'm not sure.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Do you know if it is legal for me to take the plant into the USA? I am
wondering if it is a commercial issue or agricultural. Is it just that they
can't be sold by a company or can't be brought in to the US?

I've heard the problem is the rookwool they grow them in. They aren't allowed
to import that. Bare-rooted plants are okay, but they don't do bare-rooted.

A lot of Tropica's plants end up in American aquariums, traded hobbyist to
hobbyist. So don't give up. Someone can probably get it for you eventually.

Leigh