GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2 Fizz Factory (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16160-co2-fizz-factory.html)

Dustin 20-04-2003 06:16 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

Anyone have any comments / experience with this product?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=6318

I've used the 2 liter bottle DIY yeast method several years ago in a 10 gal,
maybe this method would be more stable?

Dustin

Eric Schreiber 20-04-2003 06:16 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

"Dustin" wrote:

Anyone have any comments / experience with this product?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=6318
I've used the 2 liter bottle DIY yeast method several years ago in a 10 gal,
maybe this method would be more stable?

It looks to me like the only difference is that the Fizz Factory costs
$16, where the DIY costs about $2.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

N. Shane Martin 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

I was in my LFS today and saw this up close. Its a glorified 1 ltr bottle
with a fancy bubble chamber/diffuser. It uses sugar and yeast just like the
DIY setup.

Shane

Dave 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

In , "N. Shane Martin"
empowered us with this mighty blow against the
Patriarchy:

I was in my LFS today and saw this up close. Its a glorified 1 ltr
bottle with a fancy bubble chamber/diffuser. It uses sugar and yeast
just like the DIY setup.

I think you might be thinking of the Nutrafin "natural plant system." The
CO2 Fizz Factory uses tablets.

Jade 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

"N. Shane Martin" wrote in message ...
I was in my LFS today and saw this up close. Its a glorified 1 ltr bottle
with a fancy bubble chamber/diffuser. It uses sugar and yeast just like the
DIY setup.

Shane

What you saw is not the CO2 fizz factory by Jungle as it is NOT a DIY
setup that uses sugar and yeast! I use one in my planted tank, works
great and uses CO2 fizz tablets. The holding chamber holds up to 450
cc of CO2. The CO2 fizz tabs are a whole lot easier than mixing sugar
and yeast. You might be thinking of the Hagen diffuser.

aromatherapy 19-02-2004 01:08 AM

CO2 Fizz Factory

Quote:

Originally posted by Jade
"N. Shane Martin" wrote in message ...
I was in my LFS today and saw this up close. Its a glorified 1 ltr bottle
with a fancy bubble chamber/diffuser. It uses sugar and yeast just like the
DIY setup.

Shane

What you saw is not the CO2 fizz factory by Jungle as it is NOT a DIY
setup that uses sugar and yeast! I use one in my planted tank, works
great and uses CO2 fizz tablets. The holding chamber holds up to 450
cc of CO2. The CO2 fizz tabs are a whole lot easier than mixing sugar
and yeast. You might be thinking of the Hagen diffuser.

I have a 45 gallon tank would I need 2 fizz tab chambers? I have been using the yeast method, it works but can be too much trouble the tablets seem easier.