Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Phil Williamson

Default snails!

UGG! I too just got an outbreak of tiny snails.. The numbers are quite
minimal at the moment so i'm not too worried, yet.. Does this mean I'm
possibly over feeding and there is an abundance of food for them?

Phil..

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
J. Toonen

You might be overfeeding, but even with an abundance of food these snails
have to come from somewhere. Recently added plants or other stuff from a
store of friend? Used water from another tank?
If you have a tank of 30gal or mo use Clown Loaches (3 at least). Funny
and nice looking fish, and a definite answer to snails (forever). They can
grow pretty big, but need some years for this.

Jos.

"Phil Williamson" schreef in bericht

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Phil Williamson

I actually got some new plants from my LFS so I'm thinking the snails came
with those.. sigh

I only have a 20 gal tank tho, are loaches to big for this?

Phil..

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

I only have a 20 gal tank tho, are loaches to big for this?

Try yoyo loaches. They are smaller than clowns.

But IME, snails don't take over the tank unless there's an imbalance in the
tank: too much food, a nutrient imbalance that leads to algae overgrowth, etc.
Consider accepting snails as a natural part of your mini eco system.

Leigh