Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Rejuvinating old fluorite?

I'm getting a heap of flourite to replace my plain gravel but I'm wondering
if after a year or two when the flourite runs out of nutrients is it
possible to dump it all in a bucket adding trace/iron mixes over the course
of a few weeks in the hope of it absorbing the nutrients or perhaps boiling
and cooking it gently for a while. Does this sound crazy or has someone
tried it before and it appears to work to a certain degree? Would it turn to
mush when boiled, maybe adding the nutrients as is cools, settle it, drain
it, rebind it and then grind it in an industrial strength mixer? It's just
that Flourite is so expensive and hard to find in Australia and I'm all into
recycling =). TIA

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:44:44 +1100, "Tasslehoff"
wrote:

I'm getting a heap of flourite to replace my plain gravel but I'm wondering
if after a year or two when the flourite runs out of nutrients is it

Flourite doesn't run out of nutrients.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua