Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default my current water conditions

Hi.

I was hoping someone could tell me if my water conditions are ok.

Thanks.

These readings were taken before turning the lights on in the morning.

PH = 7.5
KH = 4
NO2 = .3 mg/l
NH3 = .25
GH ~2
FE (non-chelated) = 0

My chelated FE is not registering on the Hagen test scale. It would
be zero according to the scale. The tank's substrate is 100% Florite.
The tank has been active for just under a year. Do I need to add
some FE supplement? I thought the Florite would provide the needed
iron. I do add Florish a few times a week along with Carbon and
Potassium about once per week. What else should I be doing?

Thanks.