Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default bunch plants act like trash collectors

Does anyone agree that bunch plants can act as a natural mechanical
filter. I have 3 bunches of a typical bunch plant in my 75G and they
collect a lot of "crap". Whenever the Clown Loaches or Brochis go
tearing through them, lots of crap is released in the water. This
causes my water to have a lot of "crap" in it that does not all get
filtered out quickly. Thoughts?
Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Haywire

agreed, my 27G has a patch of Val. that is about 2" thick along the left
glass and it collects all sorts of mulm, which is a pain to vac out, every
time I do, it turns out to be a 50% water change, which reminds me might as
well do one. It gets so messy in there the panda cories and clowns won't
enter, but I've got 2 japonica shrimp and 2 asian crabs that have taken up
residence in the mulm eating to their little hearts content.

om...