Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
jduprie

Default getting started with plants.....

Hey folks...
I've been keeping fish in a erserach setting for a couple fo decades, and
I'm finally getting around to setting up a home tank. I'm getting ready to
do a 125gal community tank, and I'd liek to do soemthing with plants.
Because all of my aquaria experience has been at University, we never kept
plants... I'm looking for suggestions for good starter books and info
sources.....

any suggestions or references much appreciated...

thanks

-_JD

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Cannibul

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:26:31 GMT, "jduprie" wrote:

Hey folks...
I've been keeping fish in a erserach setting for a couple fo decades, and
I'm finally getting around to setting up a home tank. I'm getting ready to
do a 125gal community tank, and I'd liek to do soemthing with plants.
Because all of my aquaria experience has been at University, we never kept
plants... I'm looking for suggestions for good starter books and info
sources.....

any suggestions or references much appreciated...

thanks

-_JD

Well http://www.thekrib.com/ comes to mind first, then I would head
on over to http://www.aquabotanic.com/boards/index.php as for books
there are a ton of them. Depends on what kind of information you are
looking for.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

I've started a little page on how to get started with plants:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/setup.htm

It's still bare-bones, not connected to the rest of my site yet, but it will
give an idea of the kind of choices you'll have to make.

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Joe Ferenchik

Hi Leigh...

Hey I see that in your link below you state that it's possible that a
fertilizer spike might be needed. What is your recommendation for
quantity inserted and frequency of use. the reason I ask is that I got
the co2 kit from Dave Gomberg, and he includes a packet of spikes with
the order, but no recommendation for application. I've been using root
tabs and flora pride, and was curious as to the proper application of
the spike. I'll start using these if they are better, as I'm sure that
they are a cheaper alternative than the stuff from the LFS. Thanks for
your input and expertise.

joe

On 01 Jan 2003 01:08:59 GMT, tose (LeighMo) wrote:

I've started a little page on how to get started with plants:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/setup.htm

It's still bare-bones, not connected to the rest of my site yet, but it will
give an idea of the kind of choices you'll have to make.

Leigh

New... Need Help Getting Plants Started... brendonanderinc Ponds 3 15-05-2006 01:32 AM
[IBC] Getting started Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 5 03-11-2003 11:02 PM
Getting started tom Bonsai 0 03-11-2003 02:02 AM
Getting started with fruit trees and bushes sher Edible Gardening 6 10-07-2003 09:56 PM
Getting Started Late with My PONDS Tom La Bron Ponds 0 03-06-2003 06:08 PM