Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default Carbo Plus & CO2

Does anyone have experience to offer concerning this product? If so, how
does it compare to a compressed source of CO2? I would like to start adding
CO2, but need to learn about all options.

Also, which ends up being cheaper? Are DIY bottles worth it?

Thanks,
Jesse

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Does anyone have experience to offer concerning this product?

As a matter of fact, I do:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/carbo.htm

You have a tank as large as mine, with more light, so I suspect you need
compressed CO2. Compressed is also much cheaper, when you take into account
the cost of a Carbo-Plus block vs. the cost of a pressurized cylinder refill.

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Thanks Leigh. I will start looking into compressed CO2 and find out what I
need to get and how to start setting that up. I am now using just the 4 x
65 CF strip I have been talking about. It is providing plenty of light!
There was no need for the other strip on the front. I'll shift it around
from front to back from time to time if need be. What I am doing though is
using a shop light I have suspended from my ceiling that has 2 tubes in it.
The light produced from this fixture is really nothing to speak of, but it
does add just a little light to the front and makes some cool shadow/ripple
effects in the tank. This fixture hangs just high enough to allow the glass
tops to be opened all the way. It also provides a good light for my room.
=) It's not a very good reflector.

Thanks for all the advice, it has been very helpful.

Thanks,
Jesse