Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
DDD

Default Aqualine Busche 2X 70W HQI - Anyone using?

Hi I was wondering if anyone uses the AB 70 watt HQI bulbs at 5000K.

If so what kind of comments or results do you get?

Drew

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
kush

I don't use that particular product but I CAN tell you that, if you have
fish, they will not show particularly well at 5000k. I once tried lighting
my whole tank at 5300k and it looked really unnatural. Some posters will
tell you that spectrum doesn't matter but, the way I learned it, aquatic
plants will do best between about 5300k and 6800k (give-or-take a "k",).

I've got two 55 watt cf at 5300k in the rear strip and two 55 watt cf at
6700k in the front strip in my 75 gallon and it still looks pretty
yellowed-out, although the plants show well.

Anyway, my two-cents U.S.

kush

.com...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
DDD

The HQI and HQL lamps have limited availability unlight CF's with lots of
options.I haven't found and HQL's greater than 4400 K, and I have only found
HQI DE at 5K, 10K, and 13K. I was wondering if anyone out ther has
experience with these lamps or if they are worth it.

Drew

"kush" wrote in message
I don't use that particular product but I CAN tell you that, if you have
fish, they will not show particularly well at 5000k. I once tried

lighting
my whole tank at 5300k and it looked really unnatural. Some posters will
tell you that spectrum doesn't matter but, the way I learned it, aquatic
plants will do best between about 5300k and 6800k (give-or-take a "k",).

I've got two 55 watt cf at 5300k in the rear strip and two 55 watt cf at
6700k in the front strip in my 75 gallon and it still looks pretty
yellowed-out, although the plants show well.

Anyway, my two-cents U.S.

kush

.com...