Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dustin

Default Plant Temps?

What is the average Temp needed for most plants?

Thanks,

Dustin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
SteveG

Check this website:
www.tropica.dk

They are aquarium plant growers. They have information keys on most plants
that they sell.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:21:00 -0800, "Dustin"
wrote:

What is the average Temp needed for most plants?

Most of the common aquatic plants do great at "normal" tropical fish
temps, say 75-82. As you get over 82, some plants have problems,
while some do ok.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Jason Judkins

Plants in general prefer cooler temperatures, but can survive well with
temps up to about 80degrees F... In fact, I have a 29 gal tank in my
backyard that has a combo of tank/rain water in it that I use to regenerate
my plants that start to look sickly in my tank... the temp of this outside
tank is about 50degrees F.

The rule of thumb is not to get plants too warm, cooler temps do better for
them.

"Dustin" wrote in message
What is the average Temp needed for most plants?

Thanks,

Dustin

house plant temps Jacqueline Davidson Gardening 6 29-11-2008 11:55 PM
winter temps agnatha3141 Orchids 5 01-12-2003 08:02 PM
will the freezing temps kill my plants? mike Gardening 5 10-04-2003 06:20 AM
Are cool house temps hurting my houseplants? The Wobulator Gardening 3 13-03-2003 01:44 AM
Propagator veg min temps ? Paul England United Kingdom 7 10-02-2003 07:20 PM