Old 20-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Alan Silver

Default Twisted vallis dropping leaves

Hello,

We have a fairly well planted tank that contains three echinodourus (not
sure of the exact species, but nothing unusual) some Java moss and LOADS
of twisted vallis. They are all growing well, especially the vallis.
Only problem is that the vallis seem to drop a lot of leaves. I find
lengths of them floating around or on the bottom. These vary between one
and six inches long.

Anything I can do to stop this happening ? The plants look fine and are
reproducing faster than I can cope with. I have to pull quite a few out
each water change.

Tank is 48"x15"x12" with two 4' plant lights (forgotten the make), water
conditions generally good, water soft, well established tank, moderate
fish population (no heavy vegetarians), DIY CO2, liquid and tablet
fertiliser added regularly..

TIA

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "furryferret" if replying by e-mail
Old 20-04-2003, 07:17 AM
SteveG

You said that your Vallis are spreading alot. All I could think of is that
this is nature's way of thinning itself out. Maybe, it's getting too
crowded already.

What's the pH and hardness levels no your tank? I have had no success with
corkscrew val bec. the water is just too soft.

Steve

"Alan Silver"
wrote in
message