Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
350X_Rider

Default plant weights

I've seen them, but are they really lead? I've also got some lead that I
used to use for making black powder balls when I shoot black powder
rifles....

same lead?

--
350X_Rider
-------------------------

"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

If you do send me unsolicited e-mail I will proof-read it at a rate
of $100 per hour (4 hour minimum).

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
redled

Usually they are not lead, from what I understand. It's a legacy name from
when they were lead. I forget what they are though, sorry. To be safe I
would assume they are lead unless you find a package of them that says
otherwise.

In article ink.net,
"350X_Rider" wrote:
I've seen them, but are they really lead? I've also got some lead that I
used to use for making black powder balls when I shoot black powder
rifles....

same lead?

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
350X_Rider

does/would lead leech into the water? it wouldn't rust... would it?

what would it do? What I have is 100% pure lead... can I use it?
. ..

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
redled

In article ink.net, "350X_Rider" wrote:
does/would lead leech into the water? it wouldn't rust... would it?

No, they are made not to rust.

what would it do? What I have is 100% pure lead... can I use it?

I wouldn't. Some people have no problems with it, others report problems.
Why do you need to use weights anyways? Plants tend to do better without the
weights, when planted in the substrate. If they have roots, I like to trim
them so there's only about 1" of roots before I plant, so the excess doesn't
get bunched up and rot. New roots will grow quickly. If they are cuttings,
cut about 1/2" or so off the bottom right before you plant to encourage new
roots to grow. If the plants float up, keep replanting and in a few days
there should be enough roots to hold the plants down for good. In closing,
just be a little patient and you shouldn't need any weights.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Jim Miller

i've taken to spreading the stems out a bit and putting a small piece of
shale on them for a couple of weeks. i do it when i'm in the middle of a
water change so the water level is lower and it's easier to fiddle around in
the tank.

seems to work and less effort than replanting over and over again.

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies
"redled" wrote in message
news In article ink.net,

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
350X_Rider

I've got this plant, a non-rooting plant... not sure what it is, got an inch
by accident, introduced the fish I got it with, and 2 weeks later it was a
foot long, floating on top... I buried it, it was 2 foot a week later, cut
it in half, repeated this process for 4 months now, and I've got 14 or so
peices of this plant, that just reaches the top in days...

It sends out what look to be roots, but aren't... runners? but they never
settle into the flourite...

I may end up looking at something different....

thanks for your help....

"redled" wrote in message
news