Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
linda mar

Default mail order plants? are they any good?

Hi,

i'm new (well, not spanking new, but just started a new tank). I borrowed
some tropical fish magazine from a friend, and was surprised to find many
mail-order plants and fish stores.

Are they any good? I intend to buy fish from LFS (we have several good ones
nearby). But was wondering what the experiences are with mail order plants
(java fern, amazon sword, etc). are they safe? any stores to avoid?

any insight would be appreciated.

Linda

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Victor M. Martinez

linda mar wrote:
Are they any good? I intend to buy fish from LFS (we have several good ones

trueaquariumplants.com is wonderful

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dave

In , "linda mar"
empowered us with this mighty blow against the
Patriarchy:

Hi,

i'm new (well, not spanking new, but just started a new tank). I
borrowed some tropical fish magazine from a friend, and was surprised
to find many mail-order plants and fish stores.

Are they any good? I intend to buy fish from LFS (we have several
good ones nearby). But was wondering what the experiences are with
mail order plants (java fern, amazon sword, etc). are they safe? any
stores to avoid?

I've placed two orders for a variety of plants from www.wetplants.com and
was completely satisfied both times.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Rich Conley

Depends on what you want...if its java fern..there are many people here who will
give it to you for just the cost of shipping.