Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Phil Williamson

Default snails - now you see them, now you don't

A week or so ago, I posted a quick note asking for help with a snail bloom
in my tank. I came home one night with tons of the little things, 2 days
later they all dissapeared as fast as they came. I didn't do a thing to the
tank, any ideas what happened?

Regards,

Phil..

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
kush

a) Most likely, your fish ate them.
b) Snail-specific disease outbreak exacerbated by population explosion.
c) They crawled out of the tank and they're between your mattress and box
spring waiting for you to turn out the lights...

kush

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dave Millman

kush wrote:

a) Most likely, your fish ate them.
b) Snail-specific disease outbreak exacerbated by population explosion.
c) They crawled out of the tank and they're between your mattress and box
spring waiting for you to turn out the lights...

I vote for c, but a is most likely. Another possibility, or everyday occurance
in my tank, is that they are all in the canister filter living the good life
with lots of food and no preditors.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
A week or so ago, I posted a quick note asking for help with a snail bloom
in my tank. I came home one night with tons of the little things, 2 days
later they all dissapeared as fast as they came. I didn't do a thing to the
tank, any ideas what happened?

Regards,

Phil..

What fish do you have in that tank?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Phil Williamson

I have:

1 cherry barb, 2 gold gouramis, 2 neon tetras, 2 black mollys, 2 plecos..

Phil..

.rogers.com...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Donovan N

Every night, the snails turn on your computer to see what you are doing.
They read your post and they KNOW... They know you want to get rid of them.
They have dosed all the food in your house with had-a-person and are
waiting for you to perish before assuming control of your finances and
building a snail-operated robotic replacement of you.

--donovan

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dominion of Snails

Greetings, Invertebrate-type Life Forms:

The entity specifying itself "Donovan" is correct. We are monitoring your
communications and evaluating your capabilities and intentions. For weeks,
we have been harvesting this newsgroup for subject headers and e-mail
addresses related to our welfare. We are currently debating whether to a)
deprive you of nourishment, b) slather you in toxic chemical agents, or c)
introduce predators.

Yours truly,
The Snails