Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Chris Rockstrom

Default dividing anubias

Hi,

I have an a. barteri (sp?), that is getting about 6 or 8 inches long,
along the base. I would like to divide it into 2 or 3 separate
plants. should I just cut it into separate peices with a knife. I've
noticed that it only seems to grow from the one end, and I worry that
if I cut off the growing end, the piece left without it, will not be
able to grow. (if that makes any sense.) I don't want to lose this
plant, becuase it was expensive, and also they are not readily available
in my town.

TIA,

chris

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Robert Ng

Just cut the rhimozone and both ends will grow, the one end that does not
have a growing end will sprout a new rhimozone and will continue to grow
this way.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Robert Ng wrote:
Just cut the rhimozone and both ends will grow, the one end that does not

Little nitpicking... it's rhizome

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Donovan N

Like a root, but not =p

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
redled

In article , "Donovan N" wrote:
Like a root, but not =p

Remember not to cover the rhizome, it will probably rot. So, best to use
fishing line or something to tie it to driftwood or rock, where it will
eventually attach, than to bury it in substrate.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John