Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Moose

Default wisteria lighting requirements

My wisteria seem to be doing alright so far, but I'm planning on building
either 3x100g tanks, or 2x200. I'm wondering what the ideal lighting
conditions for these plants are. Right now all I'm using is a pair of 100w
incandescents and 2 flouroescents.
Thoughts & suggestions appreciated.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
SteveG

I'm assuming that you have Hygrophila difformis.

Very undemanding plant. Medium lighting required for plant to grow well and
fast.

Instead of using incandescent, why not use those screw in compact
flourescent.

3.159...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
kush

SteveG wrote ...

Instead of using incandescent, why not use those screw in compact
flourescent.

I was in the hardware store today to pick up some window frames (in case you
cared) and was killing time reading the labels on those screw in cf's. The
temperature on all the ones that listed it (GE's, I think) was only 2700k!
That ain't enough spectrum to grow a plant.

kush

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SteveG

I was thinking more on the energy consumption side. 'A penny saved is a
penny earned.'

They do make the tank look yellowish.

"Moose" wrote in message
3.159...
"kush" wrote in
:

SteveG wrote ...

Instead of using incandescent, why not use those screw in compact
flourescent.

I was in the hardware store today to pick up some window frames (in
case you cared) and was killing time reading the labels on those screw
in cf's. The temperature on all the ones that listed it (GE's, I
think) was only 2700k! That ain't enough spectrum to grow a plant.

kush

but how does that compare to incandescent?