Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
SLEngst

Default Aquatic fungus

Recently, someone identified a colorless translucent glop I once had in my tank
as a type of fungus. I thought I saved the response. Guess I lost it. And I
thought I got rid of the glop. Well, its back. Does the person who identified
it know what is the solution for getting rid of it?

Thanks so much,
Sharon
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SLEngst

The "glob" is more filmy and is all over all the plants. The last time it
appeared it was like out of nowhere. This time it was preceeded by some small
black or gray globs on the plants (2 - 3 mm.) which were "pearling" but I don't
know what gas. The black or dark gray (or dark some color) little blobs can be
swished or rinsed off the plants and I have no idea what they are. Today that
tank when very cloudy. I've done successive 50% water changes and may have to
do something more drastic. The fish in this tank aren't overfed. Until I
started dosing with N P K per instructions, the water in the tank registered
virtually zero Nitrates and close to that on Phosphates.